GREAT FISH RIVER LODGE
- IMAGE GALLERYShowcasing the experience
- REASONSTo stay at this lodge
- FACILITIESAvailable at this lodge
- LOCATION MAPWhere to find this lodge
Overview of features
This founding and flagship lodge features a classic-contemporary style of simple elegance that embraces the lodge’s splendid setting high up on a steep bank overlooking the Great Fish River. The colour scheme comprises a calm and natural palette of earthy tones, from khaki browns to charcoal greys.
Pewter and glass add an effortless yet understated glamour to the furnishings; artefacts such as ostrich eggshells, hides and horns create subtle points of interest and relelvance to the lodge’s surrounds, whilst natural linens and plenty of texture preserve its simple but sophisticated atmosphere.
Stone walls, thatch roofs and long wooden walkways bring natural materials into the interiors, blurring the distinction between inside and outside.
- Expansive viewing decks over the Great Fish River
- Private plunge pools and poolside butler service
- Set in a malaria-free Big Five game reserve in the Eastern Cape, the perfect safari ending to a journey along the Garden Route
- Unique safari activities, including rhino monitoring and darting, big game walks and water-based safaris
The nine luxurious suites have been designed to take full advantage of the spectacular scenery. Floor-to-ceiling framed glass doors fold back to reveal an uninterrupted wilderness, and the ensuite bathrooms, complete with bath and indoor and outdoor showers, separate w.c and twin basins offer unmatched views over the sweeping landscape beyond. Keep cool with overhead fans and air conditioning, and enjoy a spacious thatched veranda and private plunge pool with terrace in every suite.
Delicious African-inspired meals are served on private decks, in the candlelit dining room, or in the cosy boma under a magnificent starlit sky. Rugged natural materials like rock, stone and thatch combine with soft-light lanterns, deep overstuffed sofas featuring clean contemporary lines and natural linens with plenty of texture to provide a simple but sophisticated atmosphere, inviting guests to linger and chat in friendly tranquil spaces.
Overview of the facilities
- 9 Suites with private bathrooms
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- Personal in-room bar
- Private veranda & plunge pool
- Air conditioning
- Large viewing deck at the main lodge
- Library, sitting &dining area at the main lodge
- Wine cellar with a selection of premier South African wines
- Safari shop
- Hairdryer, in-room safe, telephone & wireless Internet
Welcome to a safari lodge with attitude! Forget jodhpurs, pith helmets or stiff upper lips – Ecca Lodge is youthful, relaxed, modern and trendy.
Have you always longed for a sweeping, authentic Out of Africa experience? If so, the genteel and gracious Uplands Homestead is the place for you!
With sweeping views of the Afromontane forests, Melton Manor at Kwandwe is a contemporary frontier farmhouse with a modern touch.