- IMAGE GALLERYShowcasing the experience
- REASONSTo stay at this lodge
- FACILITIESAvailable at this lodge
- LOCATION MAPWhere to find this lodge
Overview of features
Uplands Homestead strikes a perfect mix between the genteel and the wild. The elegant and refined interiors, with their classic flax natural linens, antique silver and porcelain, create the ideal foil for the rugged bushveld and wildlife outside. Furnished with authentic antiques interspersed with glass and crystal lanterns, celadon ceramic lamps and silver candlestick holders, the interiors are reminiscent of a stately Settler home from the 1820s.
We have added stylish modern comforts such as exquisitely appointed bathrooms, air conditioning, private verandas for each suite and a contemporary farmstyle kitchen. There is also a full size swimming pool and gazebo set amongst rolling lawns, surrounded on all sides by sweeping slopes decorated with hundreds of aloes.
- Sole-use private villa for families and groups of up to six.
- Private 4×4 safari vehicle, butler, chef, and ranger and tracker team
- Set in a malaria-free Big Five game reserve in the Eastern Cape, the ideal safari ending to a journey along the Garden Route
- Unique safari activities, including rhino monitoring and darting, big game walks and water-based safaris
Heart of the home
The heart of any farmhouse is its kitchen, and Uplands is no exception. With its wrought iron chandeliers and modern catering equipment cleverly represented as traditional cookware, the Uplands kitchen is the Homestead’s warm and welcoming core. Your dedicated, skilled chef will create both old family favourites and sumptuous new dishes to inspire and delight. Meals are served in the dining area, where friends and family gather to share the day’s adventures. Plush chairs in the sitting room invite hours of relaxation, while the green lawns and sparkling pool create a perfect outlet for youthful energy.
Journey of discovery
Three suites furnished in bold duck egg blue combined with natural flax linens with private bathrooms combine modern comfort with old-fashioned luxury and attention to detail. Antique mirrors, claw-foot bathtubs and yellowwood chests and wardrobes blend seamlessly with air-conditioning, in-room safes and other modern conveniences. Your dedicated 4×4 safari vehicle and private guide/ranger awaits outside, ready at any time to take you on a journey of discovery through Kwandwe’s wild open spaces and return you to the warmly lit comfort of your Home away from Home.
Overview of the facilities
- 3 Suites with Private Bathrooms
- Contemporary Farmstyle Kitchen
- Private 4×4 Safari Vehicle
- Air Conditioning
- Private Verandas
- Full Size Swimming Pool with Gazebo
- Sitting room
- Dining Area
- Hairdryer, in-room safe, telephone & wireless Internet
Great Fish River Lodge
One of the greatest gifts Africa offers is the sense of space. At Great Fish River Lodge, the vastness of this wild continent is truly all around you.
Welcome to a safari lodge with attitude! Forget jodhpurs, pith helmets or stiff upper lips – Ecca Lodge is youthful, relaxed, modern and trendy.
With sweeping views of the Afromontane forests, Melton Manor at Kwandwe is a contemporary frontier farmhouse with a modern touch.